[INDOLOGY] Ananya Vajpeyi on Hindutva, caste, and Brahminical values

Audrey Truschke audrey.truschke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:54:51 UTC 2015

I face questions about data collection in India, how do we know if problems
with intolerance have increased, etc. from undergraduate students with some
regularity. One of my go-to sources is USCIRF reports, which provide a
concise overview of the escalation of attacks against religious minorities
in India and the key players involved. See the most recent one here:
http://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/India%202015.pdf

I'll also note that it is not hard to find criticisms of the USCIRF.
Especially after the 2015 report on India came out, there was a flurry of
op-eds in the Indian press, several of which I find very valuable for
teaching purposes.

 Audrey

Audrey Truschke
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow