[INDOLOGY] A course on "The Word and the World" or ancient Indian analytic philosophy

Ashok Aklujkar ashok.aklujkar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:20:38 UTC 2015

The enrolment limit for the course about which I circulated information earlier has been increased by 15. Applications will be accepted until 05 July.

I would greatly appreciate your help in giving publicity to the availability of the course and the new enrolment limit and deadline.

Thanks.

a.a.

Earlier email reproduced:

>From 13-25 July, 2015, I will team-teach a course on the place of language in Indian intellectual tradition at Veliyanad, Kerala, India. Analytical or linguistically oriented philosophy will naturally constitute a major part of the course, and, even in that part, Bhartṛ-hari’s Vākyapadīya will occupy the centre-stage as the oldest accessible and extensive work fitting the bill. Interactions of Buddhist and Jain thinkers with Brahmanical  thinkers will also figure to a significant extent.
The course is open to college and university students as well as faculty from various disciplines. Detailed information about it can be had by following the links

http://mu-cif.chinfo.org/summerschool2015.html <http://mu-cif.chinfo.org/summerschool2015.html>

and

 http://mu-cif.chinfo.org/img/course outline.pdf <http://mu-cif.chinfo.org/img/course%20outline.pdf>