[INDOLOGY] Fwd: prof. or mr. or mrs. or ms. etc first name

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:22:24 UTC 2015

Oh, my, I noticed it just now!

Prof. Dominik Wujastyk,

You said in your recent post:

What George Thompson pointed out is that the post by *Nagaraj Paturi *used
a series of different forms of address that appeared to express gradations
in his judgements about the different people he was naming, from
formal=respected to informal=not so much. (highlighting mine)

I am surprised to see my name in this passage.

Prof. Gorge Thompson was saying :

In his recent post to Indology, *Prof. Pandurangi *refers to three Western
Indologists.  One is referred to as 'Prof. Jesse.' Another is referred to
as 'Dr Wendy Doniger.'  And a third is referred to as 'Howard Resnick.'
Then in passing he refers to three other Indologists as 'reputed scholars
like Cardona, Aklujkar and Deshpande, etc.'  Can you explain to me the
complex sociological hierarchy of this system of reference?  Do you think
that there is no hierarchy here?  Do you really think that in this context
"Prof. Jesse" is respectful? (highlighting mine)

Hope you are able to see the wrong (probably mistaken) mention of my name
in your post.

Regards,

Nagaraj

--