[INDOLOGY] Fwd: prof. or mr. or mrs. or ms. etc first name

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:30:39 UTC 2015

I am often called "Dr Dominik" by my colleagues in India, and I find it
simultaneously affectionate and formal, in a rather unique way.  I really
like it.  I think most of us understand that this is a charming form of
address, in itself.

What George Thompson pointed out is that the post by Nagaraj Paturi used a
series of different forms of address that appeared to express gradations in
his judgements about the different people he was naming, from
formal=respected to informal=not so much.

Best,
Dr Dominik
​