[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Article about the politics surrounding Indology at the IHRC

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:08:56 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nagaraj Paturi <nagarajpaturi at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Article about the politics surrounding Indology at
the IHRC
To: Jesse Knutson <jknutson at hawaii.edu>

Dear Prof. Jesse Knutson,

When your post ended with the words, "To attribute the IVC cultural
achievements to the speakers of
Vedic is extremely racist and chauvinistic " and it was in direct
continuation of a sentence in reference to Prof. Bharadwaj who I do not
know whether is a member of the Indology list or not, I thought you did not
consider those words 'racist' and 'chauvinistic' to be 'heated' or
'calling somebody as something' and so on. I thought you would receive my
words which were not different from yours with the same, probably
academic sportive?, spirit with which you, I am sure would
have expected Prof. Bharadwaj to receive your words.

Probably you continue to expect similar academic sportive spirit? from the
readers of your words in the present post such as morons.

Now that I know that you appear to have been offended by the words used by
you when I used them, I apologise to you for any act of offending that I
caused to you by using such words. I sincerely would like to clarify
that my use of those words was with a pure academic spirit and no personal
offense was intended. Apologies again for any inadvertent ill feeling
created.

Thanks for your understanding.

Warm regards,

Nagaraj