[INDOLOGY] /to/

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:04:49 UTC 2015

>>I understand that the particle /tu/ in Sanskrit serves a similar semantic
function and I'm guessing it is the historical precedent of /to/.

Your guess is right for raamastu = raam to  kind of structures.

>>However,
my consultants are not using /tu/ they are using /to/!

>>Reiterating my query more precisely, can I consider this to be a case of
code-mixing?

Obviously, it is code-mixing only. Because there is no 'to' in Sanskrit and
'tu' is the correct form to be used in all the examples cited.

--
Prof.Nagaraj Paturi
Hyderabad-500044