[INDOLOGY] Does anyone know of Sanskrit works that use 2nd-syllable rhyming?

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 03:24:32 UTC 2015

Among the most popular pieces of poems -- often selected for recitation by
children -- is the Śivatāṇḍavastotra, ascribed to Rāvaṇa, which rhymes its
second syllables up to the 14th that is the last-but-one verse. Its date is
not known but could be anterior to the emergence of Vaiṣṇavism as a strong
contender against Ṣaivism which could be prior to the ninth century CE. But
that is uncertain.

Best

DB

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Piotr Balcerowicz <p.balcerowicz at uw.edu.pl