[INDOLOGY] Tagore, Aurobindo, and Malhotra

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:11:52 UTC 2015

I personally have had enough of R. Zydenbos' aggressive tone, although I agree with some of his arguments, and applaud his efforts to speak for the common good of Indology. I would think it is time for the moderators to intervene, as they have already done at a previous stage of this debate.

For what it is worth, I have found most of the points of view advanced by K. Elst, A. Aklujkar, H. Resnick and notably A. Collins valuable, and I have not seen — although the volume of messages has made it impossible to read all — a convincing response to A. Aklujkar's point that the accusation of plagiarism (as distinct from sloppiness) does not make sense if the same source is acknowledged more often than it is not and if no insipid motivation can be identified that would suggest absence of acknowledgment was intentional in those specific cases.

Arlo Griffiths
École française d'Extrême-Orient