[INDOLOGY] Malhotra's motives

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at uni-muenchen.de
Sun Jul 19 22:38:43 UTC 2015

I totally agree with Dominik's remarks concerning the seriousness and
condemnability of plagiarism.

I work in a country where leading politicians lose their positions for
that sort of thing, amidst big public scandal. I joined in a campaign to
oust a former federal cabinet minister from her position in our
university's administration when it became clear that her doctoral
thesis was partly plagiarism (and yes, she left).

When I see persons on this list defending Malhotra's unethical doings,
or playing down their significance, I wonder what their reasons could
possibily be. Maybe they are on the payroll of his foundation, or want
to get onto it? It must be something like that, because the reason
clearly cannot be intellectual uprightness.

RZ

--
Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Institute of Indology and Tibetology