[INDOLOGY] Tigers and Goats: A quick report on the World Sanskrit Conference, Bangkok 2015

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:31:50 UTC 2015

Dear McComas,
Thanks for this quick and, I think, quite appropriate report.
I would take exception to two formulations: neither Indology nor
linguistics and other major relevant disciplines are in a universally
accepted progressive research programme, but perhaps you did not intend it
that way:

in THE broader theoretical or academic context >>> in A broader theoretical
or academic context (to be specified)

how it contributes to THE big picture >>> how it contributes to A LARGER
picture

Regarding your last point (nice prospect):
as you explained in your Sanskrit interview in Bangkok that Australia is
nowadays full of sanskrit-, yoga- and other teachers,
I would like to ask in an ardhaśloka:

वयमौस्त्रेलियंगत्वा कंकंगुरुमुपास्महे ?

Best, Jan

*Jan E.M. HOUBEN*

Directeur d’Études

Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite

*École Pratique des Hautes Études*

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques

CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr

https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben