[INDOLOGY] Vayu-Purana Critical Edition Status?

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:35:31 UTC 2015

Thank you, McComas, for your very informative and at the same time fun to
read quick report on the World Sanskrit Conference, Bangkok 2015. You
mentioned co-convening the first ever independent panel on the purāṇas. I
wonder if you or anyone here knows the status of the forthcoming critical
edition of the *Vāyu-purāṇa* from the Oriental Institute, Vadodara. Since
this is generally regarded as the oldest purāṇa we have, its critical
edition is especially important. I anxiously await its publication.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.