[INDOLOGY] Manuscripts in India

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:58:07 UTC 2015

Dear list members,

The Muktabodha Indological Research Institute ( www.muktabodha.org ) has
two Indian manuscript collections on-line with manuscripts downloadable
 (subject to the copyright restrictions described on the website) in both
PDF and DjVu formats for free .

These collections are:
1) The Paper Transcripts of the French Institute of Pondicherry (comprising
1044 manuscripts of about 4000 texts of mainly Saiva-Siddhanta texts.
2) The Vedic manuscripts of the Joglekar, Kodlekere and Samba-Diksita
families of Gokarna

In addition we have made searchable e-texts of selected manuscripts from
the following collections in South Asia.
1. Nepal German Manuscript Cataloguing Project:  45 selected manuscripts
2. French Institute in Pondicherry: 61 selected manuscripts
3. Research and Publications Dept. Jammu and Kashmir: 8 selected manuscripts
4. Oriental Research Library, University Campus, Hazarbal, Srinagar: 1
selected manuscripts

Harry Spier
Manager, Muktabodha Digital Library