Re: [INDOLOGY] vāstśāstra

Ales Petrocchi pahitatta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:53:48 UTC 2015

Dear Herman,
I would suggest  the works by Adam Hardy and the interesting PhD
dissertation by Anna Aleksandra Slaczka  (Leiden, 2006):
*Temple consecration rituals in ancient India: text and archaeology.*
It was published as a book  by Leiden Brill, 2007.
She explores Hindu rituals and the concept of sacred space in Sanskrit
architectural works and provides the translation of non-studied Zaiva texts.
Her research analyses also archaeological sources in India and outside in
order to understand the relation between written sources and material
culture.

I hope it helps,
all the best,
Alessandra.