[INDOLOGY] Rudraṭa’s Kāvyālaṃkāra in Adyar Library Bulletin 62, 1998, pp. 99-107

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Thu Feb 5 14:47:57 UTC 2015

Dear List,

I would like to confront the interpretation of C. Rajendran
“Caturaṅga movements described in Rudraṭa’s Kāvyālaṃkāra”, Adyar Library Bulletin 62 (1998), pp. 99-107
with the explanation of the same passage (*) by H. Jacobi,
“Ueber zwei ältere Erwähnungen des Schachspiels in der Sanskrit-Litteratur”,  Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft 50 (1896), pp. 227-233 (cf. Kleine Schriften, éd. Bernhard Kölver,Wiesbaden : Steiner, 1970, t. 1, pp. 540-546)
http://menadoc.bibliothek.uni-halle.de/dmg/periodical/titleinfo/62900

However, even C. Rajendran himself is unable to provide me with a (.pdf) copy of  his article.
Would it be possible that someone has a scan of this Adyar Library Bulletin article (that I should also forward to his author).
Thank you in advance,

Best wishes,

Christophe Vielle

(*) See the 1886 ed. Kavya Mala Series vol. 2
http://ia700702.us.archive.org/0/items/Kavya_Mala_Series_Of_Nirnaya_Sagar_Press/KavyamalaVol_02-KavyalankaraOfRudrata1886.pdf
Christophe Vielle
Louvain-la-Neuve