[INDOLOGY] recent publications: conference reports over 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:51:22 UTC 2015

Dear Prof. Reigle,

Thanks for the Nirukta references for Adhyatmam, Adhidaivatam and
Adhiyajnam interpretations.

As I mentioned in my previous post, and as you must be aware, Aadhibhautika
is grouped along with Aadhidaivika and Aadhyaatmika in the concept of
taapatraya.

In 8-1 + 8-2 pair of the Gita, adhibhootam gets mentioned alongside
adhyaatmam, adhidaivam and adhiyajnam  ( and karma and brahma )

For me, adhibhootam and aadhibhautika came handy to categorize the nature
interpretations of myths.

soma discussed in 11.4 of nirukta is a good example for an idea suited for
all the three levels of interpretatation. (Nirukta adds adhiyajna
imterpretation in 11.4)

Thanks again,

Regards,

Nagaraj

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studie

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )