[INDOLOGY] Kaiser Shum Shere library?

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:54:53 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Has anyone heard anything definite about the fate of libraries in the Nepal
valley?  I am concerned about the KSS library, about which I heard an
unconfirmed rumour of partial destruction.

It seems churlish to ask about libraries and manuscripts, when so many
people have died or been wounded or rendered homeless by the earthquake.
Nevertheless, in the midst of human disaster, cultural heritage is also
important, as we are reminded this week by the appalling events in Palmyra.

Best,
Dominik