[INDOLOGY] Help on mystery painting of Ramayana (?) episode

Robert Goldman rpg at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 25 16:08:44 UTC 2015

Dear Nityanand-ji,

Thank you very much for helping us solve this puzzling painting and reminding us of the innumerable variations on the endlessly fascinating Rāmakathā.  And thanks again to all who made helpful suggestions.

Best.
Dr. R. P.  Goldman
Catherine and William L. Magistretti Distinguished Professor in South and Southeast Asian Studies
Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies MC # 2540
The University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2540
Tel: 510-642-4089
Fax: 510-642-2409