[INDOLOGY] Indian printed books

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Apr 21 14:12:00 UTC 2015

Dear Patrick,

I know from direct experience that item 1324 in the catalogue
(which is a MS of the Kuṟuntokai) is indeed part of the India Office
Library, where Eva Wilden was able to consult it
(and I also saw it with my own eyes),
but how can one be sure that the India Office Library bought the
TOTALITY of his MSS (including the Tamil ones).

Is it stated in Keith's catalogue?

I am not sure that the auction that took place on 14-16th january 1884
was a "sale en bloc"

-- Jean-Luc

"https://univ-paris-diderot.academia.edu/JeanLucChevillard"

"https://plus.google.com/u/0/113653379205101980081/posts/p/pub"