[INDOLOGY] How to unsubscribe from Indology?

Gary Tubb tubb at uchicago.edu
Sat Apr 18 01:03:36 UTC 2015

You are quite right in saying that members of the Indology list can
easily withdraw from the list, by visiting the Indology information page
at listinfo.indology.info, where they may also change their subscription
options.

It often happens, however, that members ask Indology's governing
committee to carry out these tasks for them.  Sometimes this happens
because they have not noticed that they are able to do this for
themselves.  Things would be a bit easier if more members of the list
were as well-informed as you.

But it may also happen, especially with actions such as unsubscribing
that might be interpreted as implying dissatisfaction, that members may
wish to record the reasons for their decision. This they may do either
by posting a message to the entire Indology list at
indology at list.indology.info, or by sending an email to the governing
committee at indology-owner at list.indology.info.  The list is fortunate
in having members who, more often than not, receive complaints sent to
the list with considerate attention, despite the demands that these make
on their time.  Complaints sent to the governing committee are treated
as confidential, and the committee gives careful thought (despite
similar demands) to what action, if any, is called for in response, and
whether any resulting communications should be public (through the list
at large) or private (which is often sufficient because of the
prevailingly collegial attitude of our members).

Yours,

Gary Tubb,
Member of the Governing Committee.

Gary Tubb
Professor, Dept. of South Asian Languages and Civilizations
Faculty Director, The University of Chicago Center in Delhi