[INDOLOGY] archery question

Anurupa Naik anurupa.n at ifpindia.org
Wed Apr 8 05:55:16 UTC 2015

Some more references:

/Indian archery // G. N. Pant ; foreword W. F. Paterson.-- .-- Delhi :
Agam Kala Prakashan, 1978.
xxii, 416 p.: plates, ill.; 25 cm.

/Indian arms and armour/ / G. N. Pant.-- .-- New Delhi : Army
Educational Stores, 1978-1980.
3 v.: plates, ill., map; 34 cm.
Vol. 1. /Pre-and protohistoric weapons and archery/
vol. 2. /Swords and daggers/
vol. 3./Human armour and shield/

/Vasiṣṭha's Dhanurveda Saṃhitā : text with English translation/ /
translated into English by Purnima Ray.-- .-- Delhi : J.P. Publishing
House, 1997.
[6], 80, 10 p. of b&w ill.; 22 cm.

With best wishes,
Anurupa

Ms. Anurupa Naik
Head, Library and Publication Division
French Institute of Pondicherry (IFP)
UMIFRE 21 CNRS-MAEE
P.B. 33
11, St. Louis Street
Pondicherry-605 001, INDIA

On 08-04-2015 11:00, Walter Slaje wrote:
> Benefit will also be drawn from consulting
>
> Robert Krottenthaler, Die Jagd im alten Indien.
> [Europäische Hochschulschriften. XXVII, 49]. Frankfurt/M. 1996.
>
> Mehr Ali Newid: Waffen und Rüstungen im alten Indien. München 1986.
>
> Regards,
> WS
>
> -----------------------------
> Prof. Dr. Walter Slaje
> Hermann-Löns-Str. 1
> D-99425 Weimar
> Deutschland
>
> Ego ex animi mei sententia spondeo ac polliceor
> studia humanitatis impigro labore culturum et provecturum
> non sordidi lucri causa nec ad vanam captandam gloriam,
> sed quo magis veritas propagetur et lux eius, qua salus
> humani generis continetur, clarius effulgeat.
> Vindobonae, die XXI. mensis Novembris MCMLXXXIII.

> <mailto:V.Sasson at marianopolis.edu>>:
>
>     Dear colleagues,
>
>     I am trying to imagine what archery would have been like in
>     ancient India (roughly 2500-2000 years ago). I am interested in
>     archery techniques as well as archery materials (what would the
>     bows and arrows have been made of?). Can anyone recommend some
>     materials on this subject? I have been looking around, but have
>     not yet found quite what I am looking for. It is for purposes of
>     imagining the art more than anything else.
>
>     Many thanks,
>
>     Vanessa R. Sasson
>
>     Religious Studies
>
>     Marianopolis College