[INDOLOGY] Working free for Oxford Bibliographies Online

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:27:13 UTC 2014

Full sympathy!

Though I have no experience with OBO I have experience of writing for
Indian origin encyclopaedias. The first time I wrote at the age of 26-30 I
was paid nothing by an ancient Government Institute of fame. Next I wrote
for one Hindu Encyclopaedia and paid half of what was promised. The third
time I had an experience with an Institute at Bangalore. They did not pay
anything. None of them replied to my queries.

Only the Asiatic Society, Calcutta paid.

But at present I decline to write for such projects.

Naturally, I have full sympathy for you but think that you are not in so
bad a position as that in which a connectionless, non-influential Indian
contributor often is.

Best

DB