[INDOLOGY] Short phrase in a Sinhala script manuscript

Chris Clark chris.clark at inbox.com
Wed Sep 24 10:11:41 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I would greatly appreciate help with a short phrase in the colophon of a palm leaf manuscript written in Sinhala script. I would guess the phrase in question is in the Sinhala language. It appears to read diyavaḍanamatuli (the scan, which I’m afraid is not particularly clear, is attached).

(The remainder of the colophon consists of short phrases in Sanskrit and Sinhala, e.g. siddhir astu, “May there be success!”)

Regards,
Chris Clark
PhD candidate
University of Sydney