[INDOLOGY] The place of Indology in the Academy

Greg Bailey Greg.Bailey at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 21:56:27 UTC 2014

Patrick, Dominik and Madhav,

I agree entirely with Patrick's sentiments. Indology will only survive in a larger department, usually of Asian Studies or Religious Studies.  In Australia the situation is very difficult and even Asian Studies is under threat.  The Neo-Liberal state is concerned only with knowledge–preferably information–that can be measured in numerical terms.

Greg Bailey