[INDOLOGY] Corrections in Manuscripts

G. Colas gcindology at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:05:51 UTC 2014

Sorry for the very late reaction. Perhaps my contribution could be useful :

« Relecture et techniques de correction dans les manuscrits indiens: L’exemple des manuscrits sanskrits philosophiques du fonds Chandra Shum Shere », in Christian Jacob (ed.), Lieux de savoir 2: Les mains de l’intellect, Paris: Albin Michel, 2011, p. 494-521.

It deals with the two phases of correction of paper manuscripts and with scribal techniques of cancelling, emending, adding, etc., and is illustrated. However it does not identify the substance of the paint used to cancel words and sentences.
With best wishes,
Gérard Colas