[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit scans database

dhaval patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 04:28:43 UTC 2014

Dear Dr Hellwig,
Regarding the issue of extracting JPEG / PNG / TIFF pages of good quality
from PDF, you may have tried Irfanview.
If not, it is worth trying.
For benefit of all scholars I am reproducing the s

Steps:
1. Go to http://www.irfanview.com/
2. Click on Download Irfanview.
3. Follow the instruction for installation.
4. Go once again to http://www.irfanview.com/
5. Click on Download Plugins / addons
6. Follow the instruction for installation.
7. Go to http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/
8. Select the latest version of ghostscript suitable for your system. For
me gs915w32.exe <http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/gs915w32.exe>
worked well.
9. Follow the instruction for installation.
10. After installation of these three applications, launch irfanview.
11. Click on File->Open
12. In files of type -> select *.* (display all files)
13. Browse to your PDF and open it.
14. Go to Options -> Multiple images -> Extract all pages.
15. In  'Save as' set the destination file type (JPEG/PNG/TIFF..... there
are many more)
15. Set the destination folder to store images.
16. Click OK.
This will extract single pages of JPEG / PNG / TIFF files from PDF.

Hope this helps in your endeavours.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM, Matthew Kapstein <mkapstei at uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Oliver,
>
> Congralutions on the development of this remarkable new research tool.
>
> I hope that the scope your innovative work will continue to flourish.
>
> best regards,
> Matthew
>
> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S
District Development Officer, Rajkot
www.sanskritworld.in