[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit scans database

hellwig7 at gmx.de hellwig7 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 21:15:15 UTC 2014

Dear Prof. Varakhedi,

thanks for your positive feedback, great to hear it’s useful.

Concerning the next digitizations, I am planning to work my way through the scans found at
http://www.sanskritebooks.org/

The most time consuming part is transforming the pdfs back into image files. Therefore, it may take some time to process these data.

In case you or other members of the list are interested, we may consider feeding other scanned books into the database. What I need for this are scanned images of single pages (grey, binary) in decent quality; the height of a single a should be 30-50 pixels in this case.

Best wishes, Oliver

---
PD Dr. Oliver Hellwig
SFB 991, University of Düsseldorf