[INDOLOGY] In defense of MLBD

Adheesh Sathaye adheesh1 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:48:25 UTC 2014

Dear Professor Grünendahl, (I have CC’ed the list, as other readers may have had the same questions),

As the member of the Indology committee on duty for this week, (and also working with a rather spotty internet connection in Pune at the moment), I would like to clarify a few details, lest there be some misunderstanding:

1) As far as I am able to determine, no formal request has been made by you to the Indology administrative committee, who may be communicated with at the email address: “indology-owner at list.indology.info”. Rather, you appear to have posted a query onto the list itself. For better results when wishing to communicate with the administrative committee, I would encourage you (and all other users) to write directly to us (at the email address indicated above) rather than make a public post. We are generally able to address queries within a week.

2) The fact is that this active thread has unfortunately coincided with some type of bandwidth problem on the Indology server. This has resulted in my being unable to access the administrative interface, through which I could have easily answered your query. I kindly ask for your patience.

3) The bandwidth issue has also rendered inoperative the individual user interfaces, and also I believe has resulted in a number of messages from valid users being bounced. I am hoping the problem will get rectified in due course.

With all best wishes,

Adheesh
----
Adheesh Sathaye