[INDOLOGY] Churning king Vena

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Thu Mar 20 11:53:19 UTC 2014

I am very grateful  to Christophe Vielle, Deepak Bhattacharya and James
Hagerty for their nearly instantaneous reply to my query. I know now where
to search for the "body-churning ritual" antecedents.

James Hagerty's monograph is, happily, on hand. But, the University of
Warsaw Library informs me that the 1943 Georges Dumezil's book is not
available in Poland, and - that the University's JSTOR does not possess in
its resources either of the journals (*Journal of the Bihar Research
Society, Studies in Religion*) you mentioned.

Will try to get access to the journals via my ex-students (one lives in
India, the other in England).

A question to Prof. Bhattacharya: any detailed information on U.N.
Ghoshal's work re "Vena's oppression"?

Best,

Artur Karp