[INDOLOGY] test mail ...

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 18:05:15 UTC 2014

Dear Rosane and other list members who responded to my email of concern,

A BIG ‘Thank You!’

The following information may be of use to some members here … I don’t filter out any message. I guess my IP does that automatically based on a group mail or something similar.

However, in this particular case, I think, the “user name” such as “Indology List” vs. “Indology List List” (which was in Dominic Goodall’s mail on June 26, 2014, and to which I replied) may have alarmed my IP, and they must have arrested it so it doesn’t come to my Inbox!

Oh, well. It’s all for good.

Lately, I’ve been getting tons of emails with attachments wanting me to appear in court for some fraud (!!!) and followed by phone calls threatening me to be arrested by local sheriff’s cops, etc, etc. I contacted the local police, IRS, and FBI about this and they all confirmed that this is all a scam and targeted mostly at Indians and senior citizens. Ludo and Rosane may remember the situation I went through way back during Indira Gandhi’s time. Extremists seem to target vulnerable people.

Interesting and most embarrassing thing in all of this is … that the current scammers' voice clearly indicate that they are some sort of south asians. How embarrassing! I learned to take it as a joke since they don’t seem to have a good “script.” Each time they leave a different phone number and a name (such as Roger Williams, James Miller, Michael Johnson …). Who could believe that a Roger Williams would have such an illiterate American/English pronunciation?!!! Perhaps I would have responded if the call was from Bill Gates or Steve Jobs (from heaven)!

We really have a good reason to relax and laugh our hearts out in the modern Tech World!

Anyway, let’s all be careful about the spammers and scammers who abuse the email and voice media.

Again, many thanks and regards,
Rajam