[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit cardinal numerals

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 04:18:22 UTC 2014

18 6 14

Dear Colleague,

This mail is being posted only because I noted that Burrow (*The Sanskrit
Language* Ch.VI) has not been mentioned. As is well-known, unlike
Renou (*Grammaire
de la *1952: 240ff), Burrow's approach is comparative-historical.  Burrow
does not refer to others but seems to have worked directly upon Renou (the
synchronic part is not much different) with elements from Brugmann.  I do
not mention some other grammarians who have been missed and who are
outdated. But, according to me, with the information furnished, succinctly,
by Beekes (2011) one is not badly placed to work oneself.

Best

D.Bhattacharya