[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit cardinal numerals

Brendan Gillon brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 18 00:37:14 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

I would be most grateful to receive any pointers to any description of
the cardinal numerals of Classical Sanskrit which is more complete
than what there is either in the descriptive grammars of Renou and of
Kale or in the teaching grammars of Mauer and of Aklujkar.

I also wish to know of any treatment of the morphological analysis,
either synchronic, including Paninian, or diachronic of the terms for
the positive integers 11 through 12 and 20, 30, ..., to 90.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brendan Gillon

Brendan S. Gillon                       email: brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Department of Linguistics
McGill University                       tel.:  001 514 398 4868
1085, Avenue Docteur-Penfield
Montreal, Quebec                        fax.:  001 514 398 7088
H3A 1A7  CANADA

webpage: http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/group3/bgillo/web/