Re: [INDOLOGY] Brāhmaṇa and Savarṇa

Manu Francis manufrancis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:07:28 UTC 2014

Dear Palaniappan,
I find in my files 10 hits of inscriptions mentioned in the ARE that use
the word savar.na. I have not checked all, but most are from TN and indeed
seem to confirm that this word is used mostly for physicians.
I can check thoroughly, if needed.
Best.
--

Emmanuel Francis
Chargé de recherche CNRS, Centre d'étude de l'Inde et de l'Asie du Sud (UMR