[INDOLOGY] Alchemy metaphor

Christopher Wallis bhairava11 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:50:01 UTC 2014

Dear Dr Aklujkar,
I hope you'll forgive me for correcting a small misunderstanding:  I meant
"gold leaf" in the established English sense of "a very thin sheet of
gold", not as the kind of leaf equivalent to *patra.  *But as I mentioned,
I would have to find an attestation of it elsewhere in this meaning, which
I think is beyond the scope of my project right now since I don't know
rasaśāstra.

thanks for all your contributions!