[INDOLOGY] Prof. Dr. Michael Hahn (1941-2014)

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:06:40 UTC 2014

Dear Dr Dimitrov,

This is very sad news, although, also sadly, not unanticipated. I need
hardly say that Prof. Hahn's contribution to Indian studies has been
foundational, and his writings will continue to shape our field far into
the indefinite future.  It is so characteristic of his stoicism, energy and
dedication to scholarship that his last message to us here at the INDOLOGY
forum was just a month ago, characteristically announcing a new publication.
*
<http://list.indology.info/pipermail/indology_list.indology.info/2014-June/039603.html>

Whenever I communicated with Prof. Hahn, I was always moved by his
directness and reality as a human being.  In conversation, he was willing
to share both indological and personal matters, including his experiences
of matters that caused him great suffering, of which his measure was
greater than most of us are given to endure.

His passing is a deep loss, and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Dominik Wujastyk