[INDOLOGY] Prof. Dr. Michael Hahn (1941-2014)

Dragomir Dimitrov dimitrov at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jul 13 09:48:36 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

it is with deep regret that I convey to you the sad news of the passing away
of our beloved teacher and good friend Professor Michael Hahn. After a
prolonged illness this distinguished scholar left us peacefully in the evening
of July 12, 2014. For almost two decades from 1988 till 2006 Professor
Michael Hahn held the chair of the Department of Indology and Tibetology at
the University of Marburg, where he fostered many students and contributed
numerous books and articles. Even to the very last days of his fruitful life,
despite the impediments of his illness, he was always keen to promote
scholarship and generously shared his vast knowledge. We will all dearly
miss him. A small memorial service will be held today at 5 p.m. in the St.
Elisabeth-Hospiz in Marburg. At present arrangements for a funeral service at
his birthplace in Otterndorf are being made.

Kind regards,
Dragomir Dimitrov

   Dr. phil. Dragomir Dimitrov
   Indologie und Tibetologie
   Philipps-Universität Marburg
   Deutschhausstr. 12
   D-35032 Marburg
   Germany

   Tel.: +49 6421 28 24640, +49 178 9190340
   E-mail: dimitrov at staff.uni-marburg.de
   http://www.uni-marburg.de/indologie