[INDOLOGY] Does Devanāgarī Unicode work in QuarkXpress ?

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 20:42:54 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am facing a problem using Unicode Devanāgarī font in desktop publishing software QuarkXpress.

I have a text typed in Devanāgarī Unicode using the font "Devnagri MT". When I copy this text (or import the file) to a new file in QuarkXpress (I tired versions 8, 9 and 10) it breaks all the sandhis and shows separated alphabets with virāma/halanta.

Then, I also tried typing in a new file of QuarkXpress (I tired versions 8, 9 and 10) using Devanāgarī Unicode (Devnāgarī MT), but it gives me the same problem.

Does Devanāgarī Unicode work in QuarkXpress ? Would someone be able to help ? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

Mrinal Kaul