[INDOLOGY] 150th Birth Anniversary of Moriz Winternitz (2013-2014)!

Richard Salomon rsalomon at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 13 22:46:43 UTC 2014

I would like to add my name to the list of admirers of Moritz
Winternitz. In reviewing some years ago his Kleine Schriften (ed. H.
Brinkhaus; JAOS 114 (1994): 117-8) I came to be aware of his enlightened
attitudes (he was, for example, said to have been an early champion of
the rights of women) as well as his amazing erudition. I hope that a
suitable celebration can be arranged.

Rich Salomon