Re: [INDOLOGY] The ritual use of kārīṣi instead of gomaya

Warner Belanger wbelanger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 03:27:25 UTC 2014

Of course. Here are the first two verses of the passage. It's from the
Second Avalokita Sūtra in the Mahāvastu.
The word kārīṣi occurs in five following verses as well.
This section of the 2nd Avalokita Sūtra is missing from the Tibetan
translation.
     dharmaṃ karitvā karikāradharmaṃ
     ārogyaprāpto care sarvaloke /
     praśaṃsanīyo bhavate janasya