[INDOLOGY] (no subject)

Lindquist, Steven slindqui at mail.smu.edu
Thu Feb 20 20:45:58 UTC 2014

To further back Dominik here, you will find several familiar names at http://www.petitiononline.com/ramanuj/petition.html.  Bear in mind, of course, that what occurred in Ramanujan's case was specific to Delhi University so it is only logical that initiatives  emanated (at least initially) from that institutional setting (whereas Doniger's situation is not localized in a similar fashion).

Steven

STEVEN LINDQUIST, PH.D.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, RELIGIOUS STUDIES
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL AND REGIONAL STUDIES INITIATIVE
DIRECTOR, ASIAN STUDIES

Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, SMU
PO Box 750202 | Dallas | TX | 75275
Email: slindqui at smu.edu<mailto:slindqui at smu.edu>
Web: http://faculty.smu.edu/slindqui