[INDOLOGY] (no subject)

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:27:07 UTC 2014

In case academic freedom of expression is valid in this forum, all its full
members, including those who have recently been criticized for having
introduced "undesirable" topics, should have equal rights to freely
introduce and contribute to new topics of indological and indology-related
discussion.
Jan Houben

On 20 February 2014 17:50, Dipak Durgamohan Bhattacharya <
dipak.d2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> indology at list.indology.info
>
> 20 2 14
>
> While some Indology members took initiative in appealing against a law
> when an author from the West was affected by the law, no action was taken
> in such cases when South Asian authors were involved. I cite two cases --
> Tasleema Nasreen and Ramanujan.  They have been banned, one exiled, for
> their views.
>
> South Asian affairs are under Indology.
>
> Best
>
> DB

Prof. Dr. Jan E.M. Houben,
Directeur d Etudes « Sources et Histoire de la Tradition Sanskrite »
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, SHP,
A la Sorbonne,45-47, rue des Ecoles,
75005 Paris -- France.
JEMHouben at gmail.com