[INDOLOGY] Illustrated Kamasutra

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:52:23 UTC 2014

The MS that was used for the cover of Wendy's book is in fact an incomplete
Nepalese MS that probably included the text of the Ratirahasya or the
Anaṅgaraṅga.  The surviving textual part of the MS includes passages from
Purāṇas, and passages on women's temperaments.

I attach my description of the MS, which is in the Wellcome Library, London
and is formally known as "Wellcome MS Indic alpha 1948".  Several folios
have been digitized and are available on the Wellcome's website.  Go to
http://wellcomeimages.org/ and search for "Nepalese."

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk
Department of South Asia, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies<http://stb.univie.ac.at>