[INDOLOGY] Who is Sumati

soni at staff.uni-marburg.de soni at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Sep 7 14:05:51 UTC 2013

In *New Dimensions in Jaina Logic*, English rendering by Natmal Tatia
of Yuvacarya Mahaprajna´s "Jaina Nyaya ka Vikasa", Ladnun: Jaina
Vishva Bharati, 1984, p. 174, the entry reads:

"Sumati (8th-9th century A.D.)
Vādirājasūri has made a mention of his _Sanmatitarkaṭīkā_ in the
_Pārśvanāthacarita_ written by himself. There is a mention of his
_Sumatisaptaka_ in the eulogy of Malliṣeṇa".

The Jaina Siddhānta Kośa does not seem to have anything on this philosopher.

Hope this helps.
Jay Soni

Sat, 07 Sep 2013 Viktoria Lysenko wrote