Re: [INDOLOGY] Rāmānandī-s and Yoga Upaniṣad-s

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 10:55:07 UTC 2013

On Friday, 25 October 2013 1:29 AM, Christian Current <christiancurrent at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear list,

I have come across several references to Rāmānandī's studying Yoga Upaniṣad-s as key texts (Ramdas Lamb, for instance in his article on the Rāmānandī's for Gerald Larson's festschrift).  So far I have been unable to confirm which Upaniṣad-s they consider significant.

I would be very grateful to be pointed to more information, particularly  which faction(s) of the order and which of these texts specifically do they utilize. Any help would be most welcome.

Many Thanks,

Christian Current

PhD Candidate

The Department of Asian Studies