[INDOLOGY] Article/request

Audrey Truschke audrey.truschke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:49:57 UTC 2013

I'll let Dominik take-up the question of an Indology repository, but
this discussion raises a general point that's worth emphasizing: many
journals allow authors to disseminate their own work freely (sometimes
after an initial waiting period of 6-12 months after publication). I
encourage everybody--put your publications online, whether on your
faculty website, on academia.edu, or in various other online
repositories.

Also, keep in mind that when a journal asks you to sign a contract
limiting your ability to distribute your work, you can often negotiate
this and change the terms. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Audrey
--
Audrey Truschke
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow