[INDOLOGY] endowed position in Classical Indian Polity and Society, 500BC to 500AD

Shayne Clarke clarsha at MCMASTER.CA
Thu Nov 28 13:45:09 UTC 2013

Dear list members,

I bring to your attention a job posting at the University of Alberta. This was posted on another list server (Pre-Modern Japanese Studies: PMJS). I paste the original message below. For all questions related to this, please contact the original poster.

Sincerely,
Shayne Clarke

Department of Religious Studies
McMaster University
CANADA

"M. Adolphson" <madolphs at ualberta.ca> Nov 27 10:35AM -0700

Dear Colleagues,
Let me begin by apologizing. This is not the right forum for this kind of
request, but I am hoping that some of you may know scholars in Indian
studies who can help us. The Faculty of Arts at the University of Alberta
is conducting a search for an endowed position at the rank of associate or
full professor in Classical Indian Polity and Society, 500BC to 500AD. We
see this as an opportunity for an energetic scholar to build a strong
program at the undergraduate and graduate level in an environment with
strong interest in Indian culture. The ad can be found via the link below:

http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/A107321998/

Because the position is so specific, we want to make sure that we reach
all potential candidates, and it is with this in mind that I write to ask
that you pass the ad along to any colleagues you might have in that field.
I realize that it has little to do with PMJS, except for being premodern
perhaps, but I hope that those of you who may get annoyed will understand
the difficulties of getting the word out. Any inquiries can be sent
directly to the dean or to me, since I am also on the search committee.

Best,

Mickey Adolphson

Professor, Japanese Cultural Studies
Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning