[INDOLOGY] Help

tautaatita at s8.spaaqs.ne.jp tautaatita at s8.spaaqs.ne.jp
Wed May 29 10:23:07 UTC 2013

;Sabarasvaamin quotes “yady .rkto yaj;na aartim iyaat, bhuu.h svaaheti
gaarhapatye juhuyaat, … yady avij;naato bhuur bhuva.h sva.h svaahety
aahavaniiya eva” in his commentary on Mimamsasutra 12.3.16: “praaya;
scitte.su ca…”

James Benson collects several ;sruti-sources of this quotation in his
marvelous work,  Mahadeva Vedantin, Mimamsanyayasamgraha, Harrassowitz
Verlag: Wiesbaden 2010, p.317, n. 73. In particular, he refers to AB 5.
34.4, which is more approximate than AB 5.32.5.

Best regards

Kiyotaka Yoshimizu

Faculty of Arts and Letters
Tohoku University, Japan