[INDOLOGY] Help

asko.parpola at helsinki.fi asko.parpola at helsinki.fi
Tue May 28 07:55:37 UTC 2013

Dear Patrick, in the second quote, read ṛkto instead of ukto. I could
not trace the exact source, but this is about the prāyaścitta mantras,
bhūr in the case of the RV, bhuvaḥ in the case of the YV, svar in the
case of the SV, and bhūr bhuvaḥ svar if it not known which Veda is
concerned. Cf. AB 5,32; KB 6,12; ŚŚS 3,21,1-6; ĀśvŚS 1,12,31-33. Best
regards, Asko