[INDOLOGY] question for European Indologists

Sven Sellmer sellmers at gmx.de
Thu Jun 27 14:55:10 UTC 2013

There is also a Croatian translation of Stenzler's grammar, and I believe it is still used by the colleagues in Zagreb.

It might be added that Stenzler's book sold so well after it came out in 1868 that for the first time in his life Stenzler managed to make some money (he was already 61 years old then). Guess what he did with it – he established a foundation that rewarded a yearly scholarship to outstanding Sanskrit students at his university!

Best wishes,
Sven