[INDOLOGY] mnemotechnics and visualisation in Indian traditional recitation techniques

George Thompson gthomgt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 23:43:26 UTC 2013

Dear list members,

When examining the mnemotechnics of Vedic recitation one should begin, of
course, with Frits Staal's work, beginning with his early work on Nambudiri
Vedic recitation, his audio and film recordings  of these recitations,  and
culminating in his last book,  Discovering the Vedas.

Soon, I will be posting a final call for contributions to a memorial volume
in honor  of Frits Staal, the planned deadline for papers at the moment
being, I believe, October 2013, with a publication date roughly a year
later.

I urge scholars who wish to contribute to notify us as soon as possible. I
am in the process of inviting more contributions from Vedicists and Frits'
friends, in particular.

Best wishes,

George Thompson