[INDOLOGY] Digital Versions of PTS Texts?

Antonio Ferreira-Jardim antonio.jardim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 08:55:04 UTC 2013

Dear Charles,

The Dhammakaya temple group in Thailand have produced CD-ROMs of the
Pali Text Society editions. Successive versions of the electronic
editions have been called PaliText 1.0, 2.0 etc. I think the most
recent version is PaliText Version 2.6.

The initial version was academically assessed by Mark Allon here:

"An Assessment of the Dhammakaya CD-ROM: Palitext Version 1.0.”.
Buddhist Studies (Bukkyō Kenkyū) Vol. 26: (1997) pp.109–29.

The question of where they can be lawfully obtained outside of
Thailand is one for others I'm afraid.

Kind regards,
Antonio Ferreira-Jardim
Brisbane, Australia